Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Horrorscope

What is: Bad, bad, bad day at work. Deadlines that leave me very-near-dead. Mean, rude emails. A major gaffe on Friday that comes back to haunt me. Reminder to self: Must never let weekend euphoria get near me again.

What it looks like: I'm the sassy chick who struts fast in corridors, I'm the babe who has everything under control. They can say when I'm in a spot of trouble, but they'll never know how much. Now I'll go home and fix the kid's dinner, chat with the in-laws and nod dutifully. I'm infallible, un-get-able, never fatiguing.

What is needed: I want to curl up and sob, tell someone what miserable people exist in this world. Eat greasy chinese food and drink a whole-glass of Thums Up. Watch lots of tv. Not have to worry about school night. I don't want to read Poldy learns about Place for the 78th time. I want to be rescued, shining knight in armour/sari and all that, and cocooned till I'm healed again.

12 comments:

Choxbox said...

*hug*

Swati said...

Oh dear, here is a tissue, and my shoulder, in reverse order. Write in! And feel free to crib and be nasty and drippy and whatever else you want to be right now.

Sujatha Bagal said...

You need the Wonder Pets!

I've needed them many times too. :)

Anonymous said...

awwwwohhh!! *big tight hug* shuuu...the monday blues

Nino's Mum said...

choxbox - just what I needed :)

Swati - thankyou babe, just what I needed to hear too!

Suj - Lenny, Tuck and Ming-Ming have been bookmarked for future use :) just the kind of resuce team I want!

Preeti - yes, yes, yes!

Tharini said...

Oh if I could fall down like a tired child and weep away this life of care...

How's today looking?

Anonymous said...

huggg. Do give in to the greasy food craving, it does work sometimes!
How are things today?
xxxx

Sukhaloka said...

*hug*

nitya said...

One of those days, huh? Sorry. :-( Hope the rest of the week gets better.

Nino's Mum said...

T - It's getting better: am on a holiday today because of Holi so have lots of plans to introduce Nino to the nicer side of the festivities!

Ra - I know: sometimes all that life requires is some really really satisfying transfat!

Suki - awww, thank you!

Nitya - totally. I hope so too!

Anonymous said...

aiyo!

Anonymous said...

Hay Nino's mum, I hope things are better now. Juggling work, home, kid, family and oneself is not an easy thing at all. By what i can gather from your posts, on most days, you are great!

Best wishes,
Anjali