Thursday, June 19, 2008

By virtue of definition

and I quote
'El Ninovents are large climate disturbances which are rooted in the tropical Pacific Ocean, and occur every 3 to 7 years. They have a strong impact on the continents around the tropical Pacific, and some climatic influence on half of the planet... A consequence of such warming is the long-term perturbation of the weather systems over the lands around, notably heavy rains in usually dry areas, drought in normally wet regions... '

No, I'm not the weatherman, though I wish I knew what he was thinking sometimes. I'm a mum to a two-year-old, let's call him Nino, aka, small boy. Nino's effects on me and my life have been pretty similar to El Ninos on the climate...

and therefore I adapt
'Nino is a small but potent climate disturbance rooted in our home and who occured more than two years ago. He has had a strong impact of Nino's Mum and Nino's Dad, and some influence on half of the planet... the people who make our world, that is. And as a consequence we've experienced joy in the most mundade of circumstances and utter frustration in the simplest of tasks...'

welcome to the joys of an unexpected shower in the middle of summer. or the pains.

No comments: